Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coupons - I'll give it a try!




I just happened to see the show, Extreme Couponing, featuring "The Krazy Coupon Lady". It got me thinking..I should, at least, be clipping a coupon for cereal! It seems utterly impossible that a person can take 4 grocery carts through a checkout and spend under $50, but the show proved it possible. I want no part of that type of stress, but I was inspired to, at least, start clipping the coupons from the Sunday paper. I'll admit, her website is amazing. She makes printing coupons very easy. Her coupon database is right at your fingertips. Her Facebook page is awesome, as well. I don't plan on buying something just because I found a coupon for it. I'm too practical for that.






As I was working on the Drop-Stitched Scarf, I decided that I wanted to make it a neckwarmer, as I have so many scarves. The newest rage in the knitting world seem to be the neckwarmers and cowls, adorned with pretty accessories to hold in place. I loved this so much, that I made a second one for a friend. Notice the pretty, charmed accessory that I created as an anchor, to hold the neckwarmer in place. I bought some hair pins in the jewelry section of Hobby Lobby. These come with a flattened circle at the top, perfect for adding any type of bead or gem...and it works perfect to hold this accessory in place. I like! Meeting a friend for dinner, this evening - and surprising her with this. I hope she likes it, too.

Speaking of a friend, I'm very excited to be making my friend, Renee's gift, her birthday being in less than a month. I can't say what it is at this time, but it has to do with something we both love! More to come on this...
Finally, we have a winter wonderland. Everything is blanketed in white - so pretty! This is one of the views from my living room.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

cool info from the krazy coupon lady.. thank you... love the picture of the snow.I love snow.. but I think everyone in blog land knows that by now..lol... the neck warmer looks really interesting..... I love presents but who doesn't.. you have a wonderful day and stay warm..Hugs from South Texas ..Birgit

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

I never use coupons, but 4 carts for $50? That's inspiring. Thanks!